Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
IYDP collects the following types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers (together, “Partners”).
1. Personal Information
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
• The registration process for students applying for Scholarships/Bursaries, or Registered Users;
• Volunteer application
• Job applications; and
• Voluntarily submissions to IYDP requesting information about our services, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an e-mail.
2. Non-Personal/Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, we and our Partners may collect additional information that does not personally identify you (collectively, “Other Information”). Other Information may include information collected:
a. From Your Activity. Information that we or our Partners may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Platform, including, but not limited to your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of the you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, operating system, and technical information about your mobile device.
Partners include, but are not limited to:
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
c. From You. Information that you voluntarily provide to us that does not identify you personally.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information to provide you the Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our Scholarships/Bursaries and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer our rewards and promotional programs, and to improve our Services to you.We may also use and/or share the Personal Information, the Other Information, and the User Content as described below:
• All of our User Content on the Platform will be viewable and usable.
• We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
• In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our site and our products and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our services. This aggregate information does not identify individuals personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
• We may share some or all of the Personal Information and Other Information with any of our parent organisations, subsidiaries, or other organisations under common control with us.
• To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Personal Information and the Other Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of IYDP or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Upon request, IYDP will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our agents hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting IYDP. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any IYDP marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
• Postal mail to: 5th Floor, 510 Works@Registry Building Corner Kerk & Troye Street Johannesburg 2001.
Our Commitment to Our Donors, Partners and Students We will not sell, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our Donors, Partners and Students on behalf of other organizations.